My much anticipated collection is now, after months of hard work and creative brainstorming, ready to be shown to the public! For now these products will available only at my local markets in Sydney, Australia, however i am aspiring to have these available online for purchase to a wider community.
I will keep you posted as to the exact local market dates over the coming weeks!
love and peace x
This recycled vintage chair has been given a new life, using bamboo wadding and 100% hemp canvas fabric. Hemp continues to amaze me with it’s unique properties and relationship to the environment.
There’s no need for me to show off now, but i really am an amazing fibre, just read this …
- I do not need ANY pesticides, fungicides or herbicides
- I am disease and insect resistant, and am a natural weed suppressor due to my rapid growth
- I produce four times as much as an equivalent tree plantation.. take that!
- My fibres are longer, stronger, more absorbent AND more insulative than cotton fibre
- I am the number one biomass producer on planet earth: I produce 10 tons per acre in approximately four months. Gosh i’m efficient!
- Although cotton gets all the credit, I am 4 times warmer, 4 times more water absorbent, I have 3 times the tensile strength. I am also much more durable and even a flame retardant.
- I reduce deforestation and even greatly improve the soil upon which i am grown
- I am biodegradable, compostable and recyclable and i am easy on landfill
- I never get mouldy and won’t fade in sunlight
- I am anti-microbial, anti-mildew, naturally UV resistant and i easily take on eco-safe plant-based dyes.
This unique grandfather chair is as environmentally friendly as they come! Even the woodwork has been stripped, stained and varnished using BIO products which use organically sourced natural ingredients. Some of these are tung oil, pine resins, wax, essential oils, paraffin oil, linseed oil, natural resin ester, iron oxide, mineral pigments, microwax, and orange peel oil. These products do not contain chlorinated hydrocarbons, methylene chloride, phenol and other harmful ingredients and they do not give off narcotic fumes.
And that’s a beautiful thing!
All products from Wood&Spool will be available for purchase very soon.. Watch this space 🙂
Simply by collecting old wine, water and pickle bottles and jars, you can create gorgeous clusters of vases, which when filled with water disperse the natural window light!
To remove old labels, place glass bottle in a bowl with boiling water to soak and the the labels will soften and be easy to remove. Then half-fill with water and add one stem flowers or greenery …
In this image, i have used an old vinegar bottle, red wine bottle and olive jar!!
The more colours you can find and recycle, the better! And don’t be uniform, the more random, the better!
Happy Recycling! 🙂
All products seen here are hand-made using new and recycled materials, or are originally recycled. All fabrics are either 100% hemp, or a Hemp/Yak blend, or 100% certified organic cotton. Permaset Aqua Textile Inks have been used for the cushion designs, which are water-based, PVC and phthalate free, and chemical and solvent free. The cushions are highly durable to wash and soft to touch. To love the environment even more, the cushion inserts are made of 100% post-consumer PET plastic bottles, with each cushion roughly removing 4 bottles from landfill. PET fibre is 100% non-allergenic, and performs as well as high-grade polyester fibre, however are greatly resilient and last much longer.