This recycled vintage chair has been given a new life, using bamboo wadding and 100% hemp canvas fabric. Hemp continues to amaze me with it’s unique properties and relationship to the environment.
There’s no need for me to show off now, but i really am an amazing fibre, just read this …
- I do not need ANY pesticides, fungicides or herbicides
- I am disease and insect resistant, and am a natural weed suppressor due to my rapid growth
- I produce four times as much as an equivalent tree plantation.. take that!
- My fibres are longer, stronger, more absorbent AND more insulative than cotton fibre
- I am the number one biomass producer on planet earth: I produce 10 tons per acre in approximately four months. Gosh i’m efficient!
- Although cotton gets all the credit, I am 4 times warmer, 4 times more water absorbent, I have 3 times the tensile strength. I am also much more durable and even a flame retardant.
- I reduce deforestation and even greatly improve the soil upon which i am grown
- I am biodegradable, compostable and recyclable and i am easy on landfill
- I never get mouldy and won’t fade in sunlight
- I am anti-microbial, anti-mildew, naturally UV resistant and i easily take on eco-safe plant-based dyes.
This unique grandfather chair is as environmentally friendly as they come! Even the woodwork has been stripped, stained and varnished using BIO products which use organically sourced natural ingredients. Some of these are tung oil, pine resins, wax, essential oils, paraffin oil, linseed oil, natural resin ester, iron oxide, mineral pigments, microwax, and orange peel oil. These products do not contain chlorinated hydrocarbons, methylene chloride, phenol and other harmful ingredients and they do not give off narcotic fumes.
And that’s a beautiful thing!
All products from Wood&Spool will be available for purchase very soon.. Watch this space 🙂